What do I do if milk gets in the tubing of my Medela?
Inspect tubing after each pumping session. Clean tubing if there is any sign of condensation and/or milk.
CAUTION: Do not store wet or damp parts as mold may develop.
NOTE: Tubing should be washed if dirty or milk is present.
- Turn off breast pump
- Unplug breast pump from power source.
- Remove tubing by pulling straight out of tubing ports. Do not wiggle or pull tubing at an angle.
- Remove tubing from breast shield.
- Rinse tubing in cool water to remove breastmilk.
- Wash tubing in warm soapy water.
- Rinse tubing with clear water.
- Hang to air dry