Which ingredients does Naïf avoid?
NAÏF does not use any potentially harmful or irritating ingredients that are regularly used in many other skincare products, including baby products.
Questionable ingredients that NAÏF avoids are (not extensively):
- Mineral Oil: also known as petroleum oil. It forms a layer on the skin that will clog pores and blocks moisture and the oxygen circulation of the skin. ipv Forms a film on the house and clog the pores, blocking moisture and oxygen circulation of the skin.
- SLS/SLES: this synthetic substance is used in shampoos for its detergent and foam-building abilities. It can cause eye irritations, skin rashes, hair loss, scalp scurf similar to dandruff, and allergic reactions.
- PEG compounds: used in many cosmetic cream and oils bases. Can be contaminated with 1,4-dioxane. Also related to chemical propylene glycol and other ingredients with the letters “eth” (e.g., polyethylene glycol)
- BHA/BHT: used mainly in moisturizers and makeup as preservatives. Suspected endocrine disruptors. Can cause skin irritations. Harmful for the environment.
- Triclosan: endocrine disruptor, affects thyroid hormone-associated gene expression. Can cause skin irritations. Harmful for the environment.
- Chemical preservatives such as Parabenes, Phenoxyethanol: endocrine disruptor linked to breast and ovarian cancer. Can cause skin irritations and irritation to the eyes. Harmful for the environment.
- Allergenic perfumes
- Essential Oils: contain allergens that can cause allergic reactions